* Date of birth-November 2018
* Medical history - up to date on all shots and spayed. She is prone to ear infections that we’ve had treated several times. A record of all vet visits will/can be provided.
* Reason for rehoming - we have a smaller dog and she won’t stop trying to claim her dominance. We have tried YouTube videos and trainers but she just has to be in control. She will guard food and water as well as get too physical when playing and has caused trauma to our other dog. Our vet has said she would be better in a one dog household.
* Cat friendly? No exposure but I would say no other animals
* Dog friendly? No as this is why we are trying to rehome. She is interested in other dogs and mostly would not cause harm but because of the issue of her trying to maintain her dominance, it gets so ugly so fast. 😭
* Small animal friendly? No
* Child friendly? Yes, absolutely LOVES children and LOVES to snuggle however she does get very excited and since she is bigger, could knock over a smaller child.
Athena has been in our home since she was 8 weeks old. We originally got her to add to our pack as we have an older male German shepherd. They have always gotten along great but he mostly likes to just be left alone. We also have a small dog and they played along great when she was a puppy but when she got older and bigger, the playing became too intense. She went after him and caused him to bleed from his neck and pass out and pee on himself. It was honestly a traumatic experience for everyone and our small dog has never been the same since. It’s only gotten worse as we’ve tried to fix it because now she guards water, food, and we can’t even give them all treats or bones together- we have to separate her from our other two. It’s not safe for any of them anymore and it’s too stressful for the dogs and for us. She is absolutely smart, beautiful, great personality, cuddles like crazy, completely potty trained and loves her crate which would be included. She doesn’t get up on furniture (however she would love to lol) and she does really good with baths. She makes an excellent dog for a ONE dog/animal home. Please help and make this easy for us as it’s completely breaking my heart doing this.
Apply To Adopt Athena
- 61 - 70 Pounds
Black & Brown
- Active and Playful
- I Like Kids Over 6
- I Like Select Dogs
- Not Tested With Cats
- I Don't Like Small Animals
I Have Not Been Tested with Farm Animals
- I'm Trained
Help us take care of Athena